The days of scrubs being available in only one color and style are over! GreenCloud Apparel offers luxury scrubs in many styles and color combinations. You can pick and choose and customize your look! But it's important to know how to clean your scrubs no matter what style you prefer!
Scrubs can face many stains and bacteria throughout the day and should be cleaned and sanitized often. Learning how to do this will let your scrubs last longer, especially if you’re buying from our luxury scrub boutique. There are a few ways to go about making sure your scrubs are as clean and sanitized as possible:
- Medical laundry services: Look for them in your area!
- Disinfecting laundry detergent: Most laundry brands will label the product ‘disinfecting’ so they are easy to find.
- Laundry Sanitizer: With the world we live in today, this product should be standard in the cleaning supply section of most stores.
If you are washing your scrubs at home, it is helpful to know how to treat the material they’re made out of. Our scrub tops and scrub bottoms are made out of 100% polyester from Japan. The material is not treated with any chemicals.
Washing Polyester clothes:
- Turn fabric inside out
- Use cold or warm water on your cycle
- Use a standard detergent (standard detergents also come in disinfecting options). If using a High-Efficiency (HE) Machine, do not add too much detergent as it can stain the scrubs. These stains will come out with repeat washing or hand washing.
- Laundry sanitizers can also be added during the rinse cycle
- Dry on low heat (Jackets we recommend hang dry for minimal wrinkles)
How to Use Laundry Sanitizer?
On most washing machines you can find a ‘Sanitary’ or a ‘Sanitize’ cycle, and this is the easiest way to get your items clean and germ-free. There are also laundry sanitizers added to loads of laundry for an extra clean. So if you're wondering how to use laundry sanitizer, here are two ways:
For Standard Machines:
- Add two (2) capfuls, filled to the second line, to the fabric softener compartment, or directly into a rinse cycle.
For High-Efficiency (HE) Machines:
- Add two (2) capfuls, filled to the first line, to the fabric softener compartment or directly into a rinse cycle.
Disinfect Clothes and Items
- Pour about two (2) capfuls into a gallon of cold water, let the items soak for about 15 minutes, and rinse or machine wash as directed.
If your healthcare uniforms are dirty or get stains on them throughout the day, then stains should be spot treated before any washing, disinfecting, or sanitizing gets done.
Disinfecting Laundry Detergents
Some of the most common brands of laundry detergents have disinfecting detergents available.
Common disinfecting laundry detergents:
- Tide Hygienic Clean Heavy Duty
- Lysol Laundry Sanitizer Crisp Linen Detergent
- HEX Performance Antibacterial
- Arm & Hammer Laundry Detergent
- ECOS Hypoallergenic Laundry Detergent
Shop With Us
We take pride in our women in medicine and believe that our scrubs can help them look and feel their best when working! So we wanted to help you learn how to take care of your scrubs. Contact us today with any questions or interests about our luxury scrubs line!